Longwalkshortdock "You Berg (Knowing Looks Remix)"
Picture this: In the year 2999, a robotic race of androids repeats the tragedy of the Titanic by striking an iceberg. As the ship sinks, the frigid water freezes the robots' circuits, eliciting a sudden, almost human response from the metallic beings. That's the story behind Longwalkshortdock's (pictured above) "You Berg" track, which comes as part of Canadian label King Deluxe's ongoing 2999 project, in which beatmakers collaborate with visual artists to share vignettes from an Earth 987 years in the future. Now, King Deluxe has put out a remix album for "You Berg" that includes this glitchy reworking by Toronto beatsmith Knowing Looks. On his upbeat version, the producer adds an ominous, extremely low-pitched vocal sample to the mix, and also drops the icy guitar strums of Longwalkshortdock's original tune front and center. You can nab the "You Berg" remix album when it drops on September 10.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player