Error Operator feat. ShadowBox "33,000ft (Bambarra Remix)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
This deep house-leaning track from Londoner Bambarra arrives as a remix of a forthcoming collaborative single from fellow UK producer Error Operator (pictured above) and Brooklyn vocalist ShadowBox, called "33,000ft." Bambarra's bonus version boasts a banging beat and some party-ready vibes in its rich production, but the soulful vocals are at its heart just as they are in the original. Harmonious and layered, the melodies from ShadowBox are the glue of the track. In some areas, they are chopped and turned into little blips of sound, but in other areas, they're permitted to float to the top of the mix and shimmer like those of a '70s diva. "33,000ft"'s soundscape has been transformed to fit the club, a departure from the original's goal of being an ode to laidback electronic music. Error Operator's and ShadowBox's new single will be released on October 8, complete with a remix from Henry Krinkle, via earFOOD.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player