Lamin Fofana "Africans Are Real (feat. Matt Shadetek)"
The elusive producer known as Lamin Fofana is set to release his latest EP, Africans Are Real, via Brooklyn-based label Dutty Artz. The record's title track boasts a sub-driven, half-time grime beat flanked by a wealth of eclectic percussion, trancey synths, and a mysterious piano outro, and features Dutty Artz co-founder Matt Shadetek. "Africans Are Real" will be paired with remixes from South Africa's Spoek Mathambo, DJ /rupture, and Chief Boima, as well as another original production from Fofana, when the tunesmith's new EP drops on October 2.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player