Druid Cloak "Blessing of the Grove"
The elusive newcomer known only as Druid Cloak is set to release his debut record, The Grove EP, via Kastle's burgeoning Symbols label on October 9. Although he may be a mystery to most, the American artist has already garnered support from heavy hitters in the international bass scene—names such as Bambounou, Sepalcure, and Cedaa, among others. And for good reason, too; Druid Cloak's sound is crisp, varied, vibey, and as fantastical as his moniker. As he puts it, the producer makes "what the earth tells [him to make]," a method which he displays a command over on EP cut "Blessing of the Grove." Here, the futursitc sounds feel both organic and otherworldly as the track flows from a synth-heavy, half-time groove into a more bass-heavy, vocal-driven drop.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player