Druid Cloak "Blessing of the Grove"
The elusive newcomer known only as Druid Cloak is set to release his debut record, The Grove EP, via Kastle's burgeoning Symbols label on October 9. Although he may be a mystery to most, the American artist has already garnered support from heavy hitters in the international bass scene—names such as Bambounou, Sepalcure, and Cedaa, among others. And for good reason, too; Druid Cloak's sound is crisp, varied, vibey, and as fantastical as his moniker. As he puts it, the producer makes "what the earth tells [him to make]," a method which he displays a command over on EP cut "Blessing of the Grove." Here, the futursitc sounds feel both organic and otherworldly as the track flows from a synth-heavy, half-time groove into a more bass-heavy, vocal-driven drop.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player