Fishing "Choy Lin"
Sydney-based production duo Fishing has stepped out of the Australian bush to release a 7" via California-based outpost Waaga. The a-side of that offering, "Choy Lin," is built around a lulling groove of slow beats, and the cavernous space between drum hits is populated by warped vocal samples and synths that sound like aliens singing. There's a sense of adventure in the tune, which seems to pack more robust emotion with each layer of sound. Look for the rest of Fishing's new record when it drops on October 23.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player