The Philadelphia-based producer formerly known as Kid Queasy (a.k.a. Tim Shaw) has emerged with a fresh EP under his new moniker, Bombé. We last heard from Shaw back in July, when he contributed the dark, skittering "Spaces" to the Summer Crisis compilation curated by French outpost B.YRSLF Division, and this time he has offered up the title track from his brand-new Eclipse EP. The tune balances moodier sounds, like hooting notes and guttural bass tones, with lighter and prettier elements, like perky hand drums and glittering synth splashes. And if you're digging the sounds of "Eclipse," make sure to grab the rest of Bombé's EP for free over on the B.YRSLF Bandcamp page, here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player