1991 "Fabric of Space"
Shadowy Swedish producer 1991 will be releasing a self-titled EP later this month via Astro:Dynamics, but in the meantime, the artist has offered up "Fabric of Space," a cut from that forthcoming record. Featuring primitive-sounding sine waves, gritty tape distortion, and murky synthscapes, the tune is something of a retro-minded experimentation with lo-fi electronics, albeit one with a refreshing beat and playful melody that help align it with more contemporary sounds. Despite the less-than-perfect production methods used in "Fabric of Space," 1991 achieves in delivering a mellow tune, which—along with the rest of his EP—was mastered by up-and-coming Tri Angle affiliate Vessel.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player