How to Dress Well "& It Was U (Avalon Emerson Cybernetic Edit)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
- Photo: Ria Michelle
R&B songster How to Dress Well and San Francisco producer Avalon Emerson go head-to-head on this "Cybernetic" version of "& It Was U" from the former's recently released sophomore album, Total Loss. Avalon Emerson puts her signature house spin on the soulful song, making it ready for play in the club with an added kick drum, playful toms, and bright organ notes. She says her goal with this tune was to "contribute to the larger narrative" of retooling R&B to make dancefloor anthems, and does so by effortlessly weaving How to Dress Well's emotive falsetto with her classic house-referencing dabs.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player