How to Dress Well "& It Was U (Avalon Emerson Cybernetic Edit)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
- Photo: Ria Michelle
R&B songster How to Dress Well and San Francisco producer Avalon Emerson go head-to-head on this "Cybernetic" version of "& It Was U" from the former's recently released sophomore album, Total Loss. Avalon Emerson puts her signature house spin on the soulful song, making it ready for play in the club with an added kick drum, playful toms, and bright organ notes. She says her goal with this tune was to "contribute to the larger narrative" of retooling R&B to make dancefloor anthems, and does so by effortlessly weaving How to Dress Well's emotive falsetto with her classic house-referencing dabs.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player