How to Dress Well "& It Was U (Avalon Emerson Cybernetic Edit)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
- Photo: Ria Michelle
R&B songster How to Dress Well and San Francisco producer Avalon Emerson go head-to-head on this "Cybernetic" version of "& It Was U" from the former's recently released sophomore album, Total Loss. Avalon Emerson puts her signature house spin on the soulful song, making it ready for play in the club with an added kick drum, playful toms, and bright organ notes. She says her goal with this tune was to "contribute to the larger narrative" of retooling R&B to make dancefloor anthems, and does so by effortlessly weaving How to Dress Well's emotive falsetto with her classic house-referencing dabs.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player