Biblo "Redundant Ambience (Yosi Horikawa Remix)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The latest offering from rising Turkish talent Biblo (a.k.a. Pinar Uzeltuzenci) wasn't on her recent Slave to Love EP; in fact, "Redundant Ambience" was released in March, but it only just received the remix treatment from fellow Red Bull Music Academy alumnus Yosi Horikawa (who you may remember from our recent post of his "Bubbles" tune, and is pictured above). As he is seemingly wont to do, the Japanese producer infused Biblo's track with aquatic vibes, from the watery chords to the submerged vocal samples to the warm ambient crackle that sounds like quiet rainfall. "Redundant Ambience (Yosi Horikawa Remix)" has a lapping beat anchored by bass tones that seem to eminate from plucked strings, which makes the production rock steadily, like it were bobbing on waves in the sea.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player