Biblo "Redundant Ambience (Yosi Horikawa Remix)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The latest offering from rising Turkish talent Biblo (a.k.a. Pinar Uzeltuzenci) wasn't on her recent Slave to Love EP; in fact, "Redundant Ambience" was released in March, but it only just received the remix treatment from fellow Red Bull Music Academy alumnus Yosi Horikawa (who you may remember from our recent post of his "Bubbles" tune, and is pictured above). As he is seemingly wont to do, the Japanese producer infused Biblo's track with aquatic vibes, from the watery chords to the submerged vocal samples to the warm ambient crackle that sounds like quiet rainfall. "Redundant Ambience (Yosi Horikawa Remix)" has a lapping beat anchored by bass tones that seem to eminate from plucked strings, which makes the production rock steadily, like it were bobbing on waves in the sea.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player