- Words: Anthony Princi
Although London-based producer Blackdown is busy running the Keysound label and wrapping up his second LP with fellow UK bass maestro Dusk, he has somehow managed to find time to work on tunes of his own. According to the producer himself, "Ridge" furthers the sounds of the "Eskibeat" made famous by grime godfather Wiley; Blackdown wanted to see what would happen if he combined the "eski-think" sound to a more typical UK garage format. The resulting production is a minimalist, shuffling bass jam driven by marimba sounds and sporadic vocal chops. After checking out "Ridge," be sure to look out for Dusk & Blackdown's 12-track Dasaflex record when it drops on September 17.
- NewsDownload Damiano Von Erckert's 'Love Based Music' LP with a Remix from Motor City Drum Ensemble
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- MP3The Acid "Basic Instinct (Lapalux Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Max Cooper, SBTRKT, Efdemin, and More
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player