- Words: Anthony Princi
Although London-based producer Blackdown is busy running the Keysound label and wrapping up his second LP with fellow UK bass maestro Dusk, he has somehow managed to find time to work on tunes of his own. According to the producer himself, "Ridge" furthers the sounds of the "Eskibeat" made famous by grime godfather Wiley; Blackdown wanted to see what would happen if he combined the "eski-think" sound to a more typical UK garage format. The resulting production is a minimalist, shuffling bass jam driven by marimba sounds and sporadic vocal chops. After checking out "Ridge," be sure to look out for Dusk & Blackdown's 12-track Dasaflex record when it drops on September 17.
- NewsHear a Soulful New Edit from Eliphino
- NewsRBMA Announces the Complete List of Participants for Its 2014 Edition in Tokyo
- NewsStream the Final Track from Anthony Naples' Upcoming EP for The Trilogy Tapes
- MP3Radio Slave & Thomas Gandey "XLR8R"
- NewsMount Kimbie Shares New Mix, Announces Upcoming North American Tour
XLR8R Downloads Player