Futurewife "Shutter Release"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Seattle-based DJ/producer Futurewife just sent over this one-off tune ahead of the September 12 release of his new EP for Immersed Audio, It Gets Better (artwork above). Though not on that record, "Shutter Release" is basically an extension of that forthcoming record, as it fuses the sounds of house, disco, and R&B. Futurewife's production effortlessly combines elements of '80s dance music with the sounds of more contemporary club tracks—albeit on the slower end of that spectrum—like the infectious, bleepy vocal hooks that help propel the tune into a more melodic and synth-laden groove.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player