Futurewife "Shutter Release"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Seattle-based DJ/producer Futurewife just sent over this one-off tune ahead of the September 12 release of his new EP for Immersed Audio, It Gets Better (artwork above). Though not on that record, "Shutter Release" is basically an extension of that forthcoming record, as it fuses the sounds of house, disco, and R&B. Futurewife's production effortlessly combines elements of '80s dance music with the sounds of more contemporary club tracks—albeit on the slower end of that spectrum—like the infectious, bleepy vocal hooks that help propel the tune into a more melodic and synth-laden groove.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player