Futurewife "Shutter Release"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Seattle-based DJ/producer Futurewife just sent over this one-off tune ahead of the September 12 release of his new EP for Immersed Audio, It Gets Better (artwork above). Though not on that record, "Shutter Release" is basically an extension of that forthcoming record, as it fuses the sounds of house, disco, and R&B. Futurewife's production effortlessly combines elements of '80s dance music with the sounds of more contemporary club tracks—albeit on the slower end of that spectrum—like the infectious, bleepy vocal hooks that help propel the tune into a more melodic and synth-laden groove.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player