Chief "Stay Puft"
Swiss producer Chief sent over a cut from his recently released Shadows Collision, a collection of 22 songs available as either three digital EPs or one vinyl LP. Clocking in just under three minutes, "Stay Puft" comes from Chapter 3 of Shadows Collision, and consists of a thick, cracking hip-hop beat with a low-octave melody that seems to zig-zag throughout the crunchy production. And just to further align himself with the LA beat scene, Chief makes sure to drop some warped video-game sounds and J Dilla samples over the top of "Stay Puft"'s jittery rhythms.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player