Chief "Stay Puft"
Swiss producer Chief sent over a cut from his recently released Shadows Collision, a collection of 22 songs available as either three digital EPs or one vinyl LP. Clocking in just under three minutes, "Stay Puft" comes from Chapter 3 of Shadows Collision, and consists of a thick, cracking hip-hop beat with a low-octave melody that seems to zig-zag throughout the crunchy production. And just to further align himself with the LA beat scene, Chief makes sure to drop some warped video-game sounds and J Dilla samples over the top of "Stay Puft"'s jittery rhythms.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player