Seapoint "Cyanotype Cities"
"Cyanotype Cities" is a cut taken from Montreal-based producer Rafael Bucio's new EP as Seapoint. The lively dancefloor tune features a syncopated bassline that jumps and plummets around a prominent sample of soulful vocal melodies, with lush piano chords glowing underneath Seapoint's bustling rhythms. It all brings to mind one of our top 20 downloads of September, Teezy & Kixnare's "'91," as the artists all seem to be working with a style that combines modernized synths with classic '90s sounds. Bucio dropped his Nautical Days EP just yesterday via French imprint B.YRSLF; you can stream it after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player