Dean Grenier, who you may remember from our Bubblin' Up feature in July, just sent over a cut from his forthcoming Intentions EP, giving us a taste of its bass-centric productions before the whole set drops on November 13 via Kastle's Symbols label. On "Gutta," the Bay Area producer and Frite Nite affiliate (who recently changed his moniker from DJG to simply Grenier) layers complex patterns of percussion over a solid dancefloor beat and a contorting, acid-inspired bassline; hauntingly dissonant synth textures wrap the whole thing in a heavy and anxious mood.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player