Dean Grenier, who you may remember from our Bubblin' Up feature in July, just sent over a cut from his forthcoming Intentions EP, giving us a taste of its bass-centric productions before the whole set drops on November 13 via Kastle's Symbols label. On "Gutta," the Bay Area producer and Frite Nite affiliate (who recently changed his moniker from DJG to simply Grenier) layers complex patterns of percussion over a solid dancefloor beat and a contorting, acid-inspired bassline; hauntingly dissonant synth textures wrap the whole thing in a heavy and anxious mood.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player