This week marks the debut of the Amsterdam-based duo known as Breek (a.k.a. Salvador Breed and Stijn van Beek). The Burst EP surfaced today via Dutch outpost Atomnation, the Applescal-helmed label which previously released solid efforts from David Douglas and AnimalZOO, and the pair sent over one of its cuts as a sample of the release. "Inuit" shows Breek focusing most of its attention on melodic low end and the minute details of its clicking percussion, with a healthy serving of gurgling synths mixed in for added texture. You can listen to the rest of Breek's Burst EP after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player