Aki Latvamäki "It Is Not Now Either (Max Cooper Pseudologue)"
Aki Latvamäki has his It Is Not Now Either EP set to drop via Halocyan next month, but in the meantime, we have one of the remixes of the title track form prolific techno DJ/producer and recent XLR8R podcast contributor Max Cooper. Latvamäki's original is quite a production, with hand claps and a tambourine keeping time alongside funky bass slaps before the tune ends in a flurry of lasers and melodic keys. While Max Cooper retains the original's energy, he minimizes the noise, opting for deep, oscillating synths and simple, skittering hi-hats. Spacey drip-drops add welcome atmosphere to Cooper's glittering and warped club vibe. It Is Not Now Either drops on November 13 as a three-track 12" that includes a "Sub Dub" remix from Cooper, with the digital package also offering this "Pseudologue" version and a remix from Japanese newcomer Atsushi Shimomura.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player