Mist Glider "Just Us"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
The energy of a yellow, low-hanging moon, glittering sparklers, and champagne-drunk friends frockling along the beach are among the vibes eminating from the Santa Cruz electronic scene. Rex Solway (a.k.a. Mist Glider) hails from that coastal region and lives up to those expectations. On "Just Us," a cut from the producer's forthcoming free album, The Pyroclastic Flow, ocean waves roll over a somewhat off-kilter melody, pitch-shifted vocal fragments, and a decidedly laid-back beat. Before the rest of Mist Glider's LP drops on October 25, Solway will also release a compilation called Vicissitunes Volume 1 on October 11 via his new "visual-audio label" Sleepy Beach.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player