Mist Glider "Just Us"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
The energy of a yellow, low-hanging moon, glittering sparklers, and champagne-drunk friends frockling along the beach are among the vibes eminating from the Santa Cruz electronic scene. Rex Solway (a.k.a. Mist Glider) hails from that coastal region and lives up to those expectations. On "Just Us," a cut from the producer's forthcoming free album, The Pyroclastic Flow, ocean waves roll over a somewhat off-kilter melody, pitch-shifted vocal fragments, and a decidedly laid-back beat. Before the rest of Mist Glider's LP drops on October 25, Solway will also release a compilation called Vicissitunes Volume 1 on October 11 via his new "visual-audio label" Sleepy Beach.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player