Mist Glider "Just Us"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
The energy of a yellow, low-hanging moon, glittering sparklers, and champagne-drunk friends frockling along the beach are among the vibes eminating from the Santa Cruz electronic scene. Rex Solway (a.k.a. Mist Glider) hails from that coastal region and lives up to those expectations. On "Just Us," a cut from the producer's forthcoming free album, The Pyroclastic Flow, ocean waves roll over a somewhat off-kilter melody, pitch-shifted vocal fragments, and a decidedly laid-back beat. Before the rest of Mist Glider's LP drops on October 25, Solway will also release a compilation called Vicissitunes Volume 1 on October 11 via his new "visual-audio label" Sleepy Beach.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player