Bassmynt "Keep It Pretty"
Toronto producer Bassmynt (a.k.a. Jeff-Antoine Cote) is set to release his Blind Night EP via Aufect. Ahead of the two-track release, we bring you "Keep It Pretty," the darkly futuristic b-side that leans on a variety of genres yet settles on none. The tune opens up with airy, cinematic pads and soon falls into an almost dub-sounding break with window-shattering subs and chilling, reverb-drenched snares, over which Cote's skittering beat and lead synths lightly dance. Before Bassmynt's Blind Night EP drops on October 16, you can stream the remaining a-side after the jump.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player