Bassmynt "Keep It Pretty"
Toronto producer Bassmynt (a.k.a. Jeff-Antoine Cote) is set to release his Blind Night EP via Aufect. Ahead of the two-track release, we bring you "Keep It Pretty," the darkly futuristic b-side that leans on a variety of genres yet settles on none. The tune opens up with airy, cinematic pads and soon falls into an almost dub-sounding break with window-shattering subs and chilling, reverb-drenched snares, over which Cote's skittering beat and lead synths lightly dance. Before Bassmynt's Blind Night EP drops on October 16, you can stream the remaining a-side after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player