Bassmynt "Keep It Pretty"
Toronto producer Bassmynt (a.k.a. Jeff-Antoine Cote) is set to release his Blind Night EP via Aufect. Ahead of the two-track release, we bring you "Keep It Pretty," the darkly futuristic b-side that leans on a variety of genres yet settles on none. The tune opens up with airy, cinematic pads and soon falls into an almost dub-sounding break with window-shattering subs and chilling, reverb-drenched snares, over which Cote's skittering beat and lead synths lightly dance. Before Bassmynt's Blind Night EP drops on October 16, you can stream the remaining a-side after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player