Bassmynt "Keep It Pretty"
Toronto producer Bassmynt (a.k.a. Jeff-Antoine Cote) is set to release his Blind Night EP via Aufect. Ahead of the two-track release, we bring you "Keep It Pretty," the darkly futuristic b-side that leans on a variety of genres yet settles on none. The tune opens up with airy, cinematic pads and soon falls into an almost dub-sounding break with window-shattering subs and chilling, reverb-drenched snares, over which Cote's skittering beat and lead synths lightly dance. Before Bassmynt's Blind Night EP drops on October 16, you can stream the remaining a-side after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player