Ulrich Schnauss "A Long Way to Fall"
Longstanding producer Ulrich Schnauss has announced that his fourth album, A Long Way to Fall, will be released in early 2013 via Domino (in North America), with his own Scripted Realities imprint handling the rest of the world. Featured here, the LP's title track is a delicate tune featuring a mellow, twangy melody that weaves itself into an atmosphere of gentle voices, airy synth pads, and subdued drum work. According to a press release, A Long Way to Fall is a departure from Schnauss' usual offerings, as he explains, "Throughout the last decade, I recorded three albums that were trying to translate the early '90s shoegaze aesthetic into an electronic context. After finishing the last album, Goodbye, I felt a need for a change of direction." We certainly hear that change on "A Long Way to Fall," but thankfully, the artist's indelible knack for sweeping soundscapes and emotive melodies remains intact.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player