Ulrich Schnauss "A Long Way to Fall"
Longstanding producer Ulrich Schnauss has announced that his fourth album, A Long Way to Fall, will be released in early 2013 via Domino (in North America), with his own Scripted Realities imprint handling the rest of the world. Featured here, the LP's title track is a delicate tune featuring a mellow, twangy melody that weaves itself into an atmosphere of gentle voices, airy synth pads, and subdued drum work. According to a press release, A Long Way to Fall is a departure from Schnauss' usual offerings, as he explains, "Throughout the last decade, I recorded three albums that were trying to translate the early '90s shoegaze aesthetic into an electronic context. After finishing the last album, Goodbye, I felt a need for a change of direction." We certainly hear that change on "A Long Way to Fall," but thankfully, the artist's indelible knack for sweeping soundscapes and emotive melodies remains intact.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player