Ulrich Schnauss "A Long Way to Fall"
Longstanding producer Ulrich Schnauss has announced that his fourth album, A Long Way to Fall, will be released in early 2013 via Domino (in North America), with his own Scripted Realities imprint handling the rest of the world. Featured here, the LP's title track is a delicate tune featuring a mellow, twangy melody that weaves itself into an atmosphere of gentle voices, airy synth pads, and subdued drum work. According to a press release, A Long Way to Fall is a departure from Schnauss' usual offerings, as he explains, "Throughout the last decade, I recorded three albums that were trying to translate the early '90s shoegaze aesthetic into an electronic context. After finishing the last album, Goodbye, I felt a need for a change of direction." We certainly hear that change on "A Long Way to Fall," but thankfully, the artist's indelible knack for sweeping soundscapes and emotive melodies remains intact.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player