James T. Cotton "Love Canopy and Vessels"
James T. Cotton, one of the many aliases of employed by Tadd Mullinix, has just released his latest EP, Beats in Space, via Shaddock Records. The title track, a playful spin on the sounds of early techno and classic house, was apparently signed on the spot when Shaddock reps heard Mullinix playing it out at a gig in Berlin. The record also features a remix of the title track by New York City's MadTeo, along with two new originals. "Love Canopy and Vessels" is one of those originals, and it offers a smooth take on the sounds of vintage Detroit and Chicago with its funky, '80s-leaning bassline, swelling pads, and deep marimbas. Check out more from Shaddock Records on the label's SoundCloud, Facebook, and Twitter.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player