Cassie "Me & U (Mak & Pasteman Bootleg)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The London duo Mak & Pasteman is gearing up for a gig at the Upfront Project on October 26, and it looks like the two UK producers have been working on some new dancefloor-ready cuts in preparation, as the pair sent over this edit of Cassie's practically timeless "Me & U." Equipping the sultry tune with a 2-step beat and speeding up the pointed melody, Mak & Pasteman offers its own take on the well-worn R&B refix game. The pair's work is well-executed, too, and successfully revives the pop burner with an infusion of fresh hand drum sounds and big, bouncing club rhythms.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player