Vienna-based producer Fauna just sent us over a cut from her forthcoming album D(R)ONE. According to her label, moun10, the album tells the following story: "Once upon a time in the future, a nameless hydra ate Enya. As punishment, it is sent to hell and sings Satan a song about its life." There is a particular noise that haunts the album, and while it may sound something like a bitcrushed kick drum, one could speculate it's more like a noise sent from the netherrealms. Indeed, "Soulmates" opens with the otherworldly noise in question setting a dim tone for the tune, a vibe which is further explored by the heartbreaking vocals and melancholy chords. Before Fauna's album drops on October 31, you can stream a preview of D(R)ONE after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player