Vienna-based producer Fauna just sent us over a cut from her forthcoming album D(R)ONE. According to her label, moun10, the album tells the following story: "Once upon a time in the future, a nameless hydra ate Enya. As punishment, it is sent to hell and sings Satan a song about its life." There is a particular noise that haunts the album, and while it may sound something like a bitcrushed kick drum, one could speculate it's more like a noise sent from the netherrealms. Indeed, "Soulmates" opens with the otherworldly noise in question setting a dim tone for the tune, a vibe which is further explored by the heartbreaking vocals and melancholy chords. Before Fauna's album drops on October 31, you can stream a preview of D(R)ONE after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player