Vienna-based producer Fauna just sent us over a cut from her forthcoming album D(R)ONE. According to her label, moun10, the album tells the following story: "Once upon a time in the future, a nameless hydra ate Enya. As punishment, it is sent to hell and sings Satan a song about its life." There is a particular noise that haunts the album, and while it may sound something like a bitcrushed kick drum, one could speculate it's more like a noise sent from the netherrealms. Indeed, "Soulmates" opens with the otherworldly noise in question setting a dim tone for the tune, a vibe which is further explored by the heartbreaking vocals and melancholy chords. Before Fauna's album drops on October 31, you can stream a preview of D(R)ONE after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player