Offshore "Summer Hits"
It's been awhile since we've heard from London-based producer Offshore, but he's resurfaced with "Summer Hits." The tune comes courtesy of Oslo-based label Fine Grains, which will be including the song as part of its aptly titled new compilation, Fine Grains Vol. 1. "Summer Hits" sees the London lad exploring new sonic realms, as it's quite different from his his menacing "Pepper" or the timpani-heavy "Round and Round." Using fewer elements, Offshore still manages to create an emotionally provocative hip-hop beat. Beginning with an unusual percussion and cheap synth combo, the vibes immediately feel contemplative and nostalgic, as if the producer was reminiscing over a long-lost summer love. As the song develops, the beat quickly takes fuller form as a thudding kick accents the softer percussive synth before Offshore introduces a minimalistic, clave-led rhythm. Fine Grains Vol. 1 won't be released until November 1, but "Summer Hits" can be downloaded below and the song's video can be viewed after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player