The French beatmaker Fulgeance is gearing up to release his latest LP, the solid Step Thru, which we reviewed just last week. And following the track we posted off of the producer's Mini Club EP, we have "Wet," one of Step Thru's handful of beat-driven cuts set to drop on October 15. While the production is cemented by smooth, punchy hip-hop drums and bright, electrifying synthesizers, there are darker undertones layered throughout. Fulgeance's new track grows from a club-ready jam into something more complex through the use of mystical trance stabs, pitched-down vocal mumbles, and fleeting basslines.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player