El Buho "Witches Brew"
Although El Buho (a.k.a. Robin Perkins) was born in Northern England, he has been influenced by foreign lands, from Latin American sounds to the musical landscape of Amsterdam, the producer's current home. The Dutch city's rainy climate and many waterways inspired the main theme of his latest release, an EP titled Y, which also happens to be the word for "water" in Guarani and Tupi, the native languages in Paraguay and Brazil. Fledgling imprint Meles Meles shared El Buho's record for free on its Facebook page today, and sent over one of the tracks as a teaser for the digital release. The sound of lapping water plays a starring role in "Witches Brew," and the bass tones and yawning vocal samples seem to melt into the waves of sound and splashing beat work.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player