El Buho "Witches Brew"
Although El Buho (a.k.a. Robin Perkins) was born in Northern England, he has been influenced by foreign lands, from Latin American sounds to the musical landscape of Amsterdam, the producer's current home. The Dutch city's rainy climate and many waterways inspired the main theme of his latest release, an EP titled Y, which also happens to be the word for "water" in Guarani and Tupi, the native languages in Paraguay and Brazil. Fledgling imprint Meles Meles shared El Buho's record for free on its Facebook page today, and sent over one of the tracks as a teaser for the digital release. The sound of lapping water plays a starring role in "Witches Brew," and the bass tones and yawning vocal samples seem to melt into the waves of sound and splashing beat work.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player