Maths Time Joy "Always"
London producer Maths Time Joy (a.k.a. Tim Worthington) has helmed the second release for Live for the Funk's fledgling Our Sounds series, bringing three bass-heavy cuts from the bosom of bass music. On "Always," the whirring synths, soulful vocals, and percussion—snaps, rimshots, et al—nod to James Blake and Mount Kimbie, but Maths Time Joy flaunts the ability to recast those influences with an able hand. Although it starts out with a slow, broken beat, the tune gathers momentum as it rolls along, tossing out pitched samples in its wake. And if "Always" is your kind of jam, make sure to cop the rest of the Hideaway EP for free, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player