Hound Scales "Bokhara Stitch (Cloaka Remix)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Hound Scales, a recent San Francisco transplant now residing in New York City, is a producer of decidedly somber house music. Today, we have a remix from Cloaka (pictured above) of that artist's "Bokhara Stitch," which is about as dark as the original production; slightly haphazard metallic rhythms are sewn into a crisp hi-hat patterns, classic four-on-the-floor beats, and groaning low end to an almost unnerving effect.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player