Hound Scales "Bokhara Stitch (Cloaka Remix)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Hound Scales, a recent San Francisco transplant now residing in New York City, is a producer of decidedly somber house music. Today, we have a remix from Cloaka (pictured above) of that artist's "Bokhara Stitch," which is about as dark as the original production; slightly haphazard metallic rhythms are sewn into a crisp hi-hat patterns, classic four-on-the-floor beats, and groaning low end to an almost unnerving effect.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player