Pearl Necklace "Did You Feel It (feat. Arp)"
The Brooklyn duo of Bryce Hackford and Frank Lyon, who produce together as Pearl Necklace, is the most recent signing to Norway's Smalltown Supersound label. Their debut offering, Soft Opening, sees the artists collaborating with the likes of Arp (a.k.a. Alexis Georgopoulos) and MGMT's Andrew VanWyngarden, the former of which lends "Did You Feel It" his Kraut-inspired production abilities. The resulting tune has a beginning but seemingly no middle nor end, and it conjures imagery like a walk on the beach with its oceanic percussive touches. Look for the rest of Pearl Necklace's 10-track Soft Opening when it's released on January 29.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player