Pearl Necklace "Did You Feel It (feat. Arp)"
The Brooklyn duo of Bryce Hackford and Frank Lyon, who produce together as Pearl Necklace, is the most recent signing to Norway's Smalltown Supersound label. Their debut offering, Soft Opening, sees the artists collaborating with the likes of Arp (a.k.a. Alexis Georgopoulos) and MGMT's Andrew VanWyngarden, the former of which lends "Did You Feel It" his Kraut-inspired production abilities. The resulting tune has a beginning but seemingly no middle nor end, and it conjures imagery like a walk on the beach with its oceanic percussive touches. Look for the rest of Pearl Necklace's 10-track Soft Opening when it's released on January 29.
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player