Between You and Me "Fairies"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Opening with warped, psychedelic ramblings that quickly give way to crisp, heavenly notes, the aptly named "Fairies" from Between You and Me catches our attention before even 30 seconds slip by. Two layers of flowery synths that sound powered by an out-of-control switchboard are topped with bells and what could be some kind of electronic marimbas. All the while, "Fairies" is driven by a tiny, metallic rattle of a beat and some understated percussion. "Fairies" is one half of Between You and Me's Fall EP, the other half of which you can grab for free after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player