It's rare to come across a techno tune that's been stripped of the essential 808, 909, or 303 drum and bass sounds. However, Montreal-based DJ/producer HGLDT has done just that with the a-side of his brand-new release for Full Fridge, Reflections on the Void. "Fight/Flight" is a dark, percussive techno number that utilizes acoustic drum sounds in lieu of the classic drum machines. With virtually no melody, HGLDT's production rises and falls with the help of a swung cymbal groove, heaps of brute toms, and plenty of eerie and airy FX. You can also hear the b-side of HGLDT's new record after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player