It's rare to come across a techno tune that's been stripped of the essential 808, 909, or 303 drum and bass sounds. However, Montreal-based DJ/producer HGLDT has done just that with the a-side of his brand-new release for Full Fridge, Reflections on the Void. "Fight/Flight" is a dark, percussive techno number that utilizes acoustic drum sounds in lieu of the classic drum machines. With virtually no melody, HGLDT's production rises and falls with the help of a swung cymbal groove, heaps of brute toms, and plenty of eerie and airy FX. You can also hear the b-side of HGLDT's new record after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player