Terminal 11 "Heather in Japan (Exillon Remix)"
This year, Arizonan producer Terminal 11 (a.k.a. Michael Castaneda) broke a silence that spanned several years to release a handful of records. The latest addition to his discography, the Skyscraper on a Megayacht EP (artwork above), arrives this week via Halocyan parent label Phthalo, and Castaneda has offered us a remix of "Heather in Japan" from San Francisco producer Exillon (a.k.a. Jay Fields). The rework—which will soon be released along with a vinyl-only single via Jack Tone—starts with a dubby clomp and tick, and develops into an itchy, pulsing kind of acid-techno.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player