Ben Mono "How It Is (CSY & Stripes Remix)"
Throughout the past decade, German producer Ben Mono has been making a name for himself in Europe with steady releases on the Munich-based Compost label, and now he has prepped his US debut with a release for New York outlet Plant. His record, titled The Feel EP, features two originals and four remixes, two of which were crafted by London duo CSY & Stripes. "How It Is (CSY & Stripes Remix)" focuses more on low end than the original production, which boasts a garage-tinged beat and some uplifting vocal samples. The duo's version tames the spoken samples into wispier and more robotic-sounding forms, and showcases a rumbling, oscillating layer of bass speckled with whirring synth chords. The Feel won't see a full release until December 4, but you can pick up an early copy here and stream the record in full after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player