Ali Renault "Lydden Circuit (Brassica Cover)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Here we have British producer Ali Renault taking a stab at covering Brassica's (pictured above) "Lydden Circuit," a cut from his brand-new Temple Fortune EP for Civil. It's admittedly strange that Renault chose to cover the track, especially because it basically sounds like the same jam, albeit with sharper attacks on the various synth layers and an added two minutes. Regardless, "Lydden Circuit" is driven by a strong, resonant bassline, with a solid vocabulary of synths reinforcing the club-oriented vibe; it is a tune well-suited for large rooms, without a doubt. And if you're in the mood for some more Brassica, check out the video for the original "Lydden Circuit" after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player