Ali Renault "Lydden Circuit (Brassica Cover)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Here we have British producer Ali Renault taking a stab at covering Brassica's (pictured above) "Lydden Circuit," a cut from his brand-new Temple Fortune EP for Civil. It's admittedly strange that Renault chose to cover the track, especially because it basically sounds like the same jam, albeit with sharper attacks on the various synth layers and an added two minutes. Regardless, "Lydden Circuit" is driven by a strong, resonant bassline, with a solid vocabulary of synths reinforcing the club-oriented vibe; it is a tune well-suited for large rooms, without a doubt. And if you're in the mood for some more Brassica, check out the video for the original "Lydden Circuit" after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player