James Welsh "Novelty Island"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
London-based producer James Welsh sent over "Novelty Island," a grooving dancefloor exclusive with a simplistic keyboard melody keeping time while another low-slung synthline weaves in between straightforward house rhythms. All the while, Welsh delicately dots a raspily soulful vocal sample over the top of his nearly eight-minute production. And there's more where this came from on Welsh's The Way EP, which is out now via Join the Dots.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player