Discoverer "Personal Clone"
Kansas City's Discoverer (a.k.a. Brandon Knocke) is said to be something of an aural anesthesiologist, delivering hypnotic tunes as sedatives to his listeners. Described as "a cinematic ride through white, sterile hallways and feminized technology," "Personal Clone," taken from Discoverer's recently released Tunnels LP, combines clean, utopian elements—such as soft handclaps and reverberating synth tinks—with somewhat eerie, buzzing melodies to make a slow-grooving-but-sticky piece of galactic beat work in the vein of LA synth-funk maestro Dām-Funk.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player