Origamibiro "Quad Time (Leafcutter John Remix)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The Nottingham-based collective known as Origamibiro has turned its "Quad Time" tune over to the computer musician and songwriter Leafcutter John for a remix in anticipation of its upcoming audio-visual performance at the Village Underground in London. "Quad Time (Leafcutter John Remix)" renders the original production in sound collage form, resulting in a track entirely reminiscent of The Books circa Lost and Safe. There's little linear progression or repetitive structure to the song—moments of stuttering synths are cut with ambient sounds, like children cheering and a crowd clapping.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player