Halls "Roses For The Dead (Ukkonen Remix)"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Following remix treatments from the likes of Dro Carey and recent XLR8R podcast contributor Max Cooper, a mysterious Finnish producer by the name of Ukkonen (pictured above) has stepped up to the plate with his take on Halls' touching "Roses for the Dead" song from his brand-new LP for No Pain in Pop, Ark. This version holds its own alongside the previous two remixes (both of which were featured in our Press Play series, here and here). Ukkonen's beat behind the somber vocals and pads is shuffling and syncopated, giving the entirety of his mix a lighter quality than the other two. In addition, the grand piano and bright synth melodies sprinkled over the top of the beat provide contrast against the deep techno bass and kicks, helping render it more complex than a typical rainy-day jam.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player