Halls "Roses For The Dead (Ukkonen Remix)"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Following remix treatments from the likes of Dro Carey and recent XLR8R podcast contributor Max Cooper, a mysterious Finnish producer by the name of Ukkonen (pictured above) has stepped up to the plate with his take on Halls' touching "Roses for the Dead" song from his brand-new LP for No Pain in Pop, Ark. This version holds its own alongside the previous two remixes (both of which were featured in our Press Play series, here and here). Ukkonen's beat behind the somber vocals and pads is shuffling and syncopated, giving the entirety of his mix a lighter quality than the other two. In addition, the grand piano and bright synth melodies sprinkled over the top of the beat provide contrast against the deep techno bass and kicks, helping render it more complex than a typical rainy-day jam.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player