Manikan "S.L.A.M. (feat. Dev79)"
Though we tend to neglect many flash-in-the-pan genres here at XLR8R, there are certainly some fad-friendly tunes we can get behind. One such track comes from Atlanta-based DJ/producer Manikan, whose brand-new On the Grind EP features an array of so-called "future-trap" beats. "S.L.A.M." is the only collaborative track on the record, however, produced with the help of longtime Philadelphia producer and Secluasiasis boss Dev 79. Though it contains the ubiquitous, thuggish vocal samples that have become all too familiar lately, Manikan's tune sets itself apart with refreshing, sparkling pads, fluttering percussion, and a juke-leaning break. Stream the full EP after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player