Manikan "S.L.A.M. (feat. Dev79)"
Though we tend to neglect many flash-in-the-pan genres here at XLR8R, there are certainly some fad-friendly tunes we can get behind. One such track comes from Atlanta-based DJ/producer Manikan, whose brand-new On the Grind EP features an array of so-called "future-trap" beats. "S.L.A.M." is the only collaborative track on the record, however, produced with the help of longtime Philadelphia producer and Secluasiasis boss Dev 79. Though it contains the ubiquitous, thuggish vocal samples that have become all too familiar lately, Manikan's tune sets itself apart with refreshing, sparkling pads, fluttering percussion, and a juke-leaning break. Stream the full EP after the jump.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player