Ambassadeurs "Second Thought"
Lost Tribe is the brand-new label helmed by Brighton-based DJ/producer Ambassadeurs (a.k.a. Mark Dobson), the first offering from which will come courtesy of the man himself on November 26. Ahead of that vinyl-only release, Dobson is sharing "Second Thought," a lush, delicate, and sub-infused jam that sounds perfecly in line with Dobson's previous output. This one, however, is rooted more in an atmosphere than a cemented groove; though the beat eventually grows into a solid two-step feel, the tune's highlights are its steel drums, fuzzy synths, and other colorful FX. While you await the release of Ambassadeurs' 12", you can check out Lost Tribe 001's artwork and tracklist—all of which have now appeared on XLR8R in one form or another—after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player