Freeze-Tag "Twice (Little Dragon Cover)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The Cleveland native known as Freeze-Tag (a.k.a. Marcus Alan Ward) first debuted under his production moniker last year, and he's since followed up with his cover of Little Dragon's "Twice," a song that creates a sense of creepy melancholy that its video matches with an undead-feeling shadow animation. Freeze-Tag's version is also haunting, but more electric; the downtempo keys and swells of orchestral strings on the original are replaced by digital touches, like pulsing bass tones and astral, reverb-drenched synths. He adds a personal flare by singing the lyrics himself, employing a silky R&B croon to overlay the hazy and beatless soundscape.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player