- Words: Brandon O'Connor
UK-based production outfit SecondCity has offered up this slamming house track, which instantly makes a strong case for its inclusion in the list of contemporary dancefloor classics. Though it starts off sounding like yet another 808 zombie, "A1" eventually drops into a pool of robotic synth womps, relaxing a bit before it builds up and drops into a massive bassline. SecondCity's top-notch tune is embellished with a hauntingly dehumanized voice, which echoes throughout the hurried number during its five-minute runtime (we wouldn't mind if it went on for 20). And if you like this tune as much as we do, we suggest that you check out a couple more of SecondCity's productions after the jump.
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Surgeon, Jackmaster, John Talabot, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player