- Words: Brandon O'Connor
UK-based production outfit SecondCity has offered up this slamming house track, which instantly makes a strong case for its inclusion in the list of contemporary dancefloor classics. Though it starts off sounding like yet another 808 zombie, "A1" eventually drops into a pool of robotic synth womps, relaxing a bit before it builds up and drops into a massive bassline. SecondCity's top-notch tune is embellished with a hauntingly dehumanized voice, which echoes throughout the hurried number during its five-minute runtime (we wouldn't mind if it went on for 20). And if you like this tune as much as we do, we suggest that you check out a couple more of SecondCity's productions after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player