Geiom "Algo Riddim"
- Words: Anthony Princi
It's been a busy few months for Nottingham bass music stalwart Geiom, who just finished a new record for DJ Oslek's Frijsfo Beats imprint after releasing an LP in November. The Black Screen album is a hectic blend of a variety of genres—ranging from juke to jazz-inspired house to UK garage—while his latest EP, called Glesprin, is a more tame and genre-friendly 12" comprising three cuts of stylish house and techno. Somewhere in between Geiom's two records lies "Algo Riddim"; with some grating arpeggiated synths, heavy percussion, and low-bit bass frequencies, it's a surprisingly soft and textured mix that also manages to offer plenty of grooves.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player