Geiom "Algo Riddim"
- Words: Anthony Princi
It's been a busy few months for Nottingham bass music stalwart Geiom, who just finished a new record for DJ Oslek's Frijsfo Beats imprint after releasing an LP in November. The Black Screen album is a hectic blend of a variety of genres—ranging from juke to jazz-inspired house to UK garage—while his latest EP, called Glesprin, is a more tame and genre-friendly 12" comprising three cuts of stylish house and techno. Somewhere in between Geiom's two records lies "Algo Riddim"; with some grating arpeggiated synths, heavy percussion, and low-bit bass frequencies, it's a surprisingly soft and textured mix that also manages to offer plenty of grooves.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player