Geiom "Algo Riddim"
- Words: Anthony Princi
It's been a busy few months for Nottingham bass music stalwart Geiom, who just finished a new record for DJ Oslek's Frijsfo Beats imprint after releasing an LP in November. The Black Screen album is a hectic blend of a variety of genres—ranging from juke to jazz-inspired house to UK garage—while his latest EP, called Glesprin, is a more tame and genre-friendly 12" comprising three cuts of stylish house and techno. Somewhere in between Geiom's two records lies "Algo Riddim"; with some grating arpeggiated synths, heavy percussion, and low-bit bass frequencies, it's a surprisingly soft and textured mix that also manages to offer plenty of grooves.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player