Geiom "Algo Riddim"
- Words: Anthony Princi
It's been a busy few months for Nottingham bass music stalwart Geiom, who just finished a new record for DJ Oslek's Frijsfo Beats imprint after releasing an LP in November. The Black Screen album is a hectic blend of a variety of genres—ranging from juke to jazz-inspired house to UK garage—while his latest EP, called Glesprin, is a more tame and genre-friendly 12" comprising three cuts of stylish house and techno. Somewhere in between Geiom's two records lies "Algo Riddim"; with some grating arpeggiated synths, heavy percussion, and low-bit bass frequencies, it's a surprisingly soft and textured mix that also manages to offer plenty of grooves.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player