Geiom "Algo Riddim"
- Words: Anthony Princi
It's been a busy few months for Nottingham bass music stalwart Geiom, who just finished a new record for DJ Oslek's Frijsfo Beats imprint after releasing an LP in November. The Black Screen album is a hectic blend of a variety of genres—ranging from juke to jazz-inspired house to UK garage—while his latest EP, called Glesprin, is a more tame and genre-friendly 12" comprising three cuts of stylish house and techno. Somewhere in between Geiom's two records lies "Algo Riddim"; with some grating arpeggiated synths, heavy percussion, and low-bit bass frequencies, it's a surprisingly soft and textured mix that also manages to offer plenty of grooves.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player