DFRNT & Aaron Shallow "Crumpet"
Witness—a weekly party that recently celebrated its second anniversary of showcasing forward-thinking music in Soctland's capital city of Edinburgh—has decided to launch a series of free EPs, the first of which is out today. Lifted from that five-track offering, this collaborative tune from Edinburgh artists DFRNT and Aaron Shallow is a piece of mechanical techno complete with tweaked synth sequences, a deep shuffling rhythm, and a bouncing set of percussive sounds that could very well be the sampled hits of ping-pong balls. "Crumpet" is joined by tracks from Atticus Jacks, Fault Lines, Atlus, and more on Witness' first EP, all of which you can stream and download after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player