Orthy "E.M.I.L.Y (Baio Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Orthy, an Austin-based crafter of sprightly electro-pop, is in the midst of prepping the E.M.I.L.Y. EP (artwork above) for release early next year, but has decided to share Baio's remix of the record's title track as a bit of an early treat. The NYC producer (and, yes, bass player for indie outfit Vampire Weekend) spins Orthy's tune into some tropical-disco-type fare, filling it to the brim with percussive hits, warm organ chords, playfully glitched vocals, and—perhaps as to be expected—an ace bassline. While the full E.M.I.L.Y. EP is not out yet, the original title track and Baio's remix are currently availible as a package over on Orthy's Bandcamp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player