Orthy "E.M.I.L.Y (Baio Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Orthy, an Austin-based crafter of sprightly electro-pop, is in the midst of prepping the E.M.I.L.Y. EP (artwork above) for release early next year, but has decided to share Baio's remix of the record's title track as a bit of an early treat. The NYC producer (and, yes, bass player for indie outfit Vampire Weekend) spins Orthy's tune into some tropical-disco-type fare, filling it to the brim with percussive hits, warm organ chords, playfully glitched vocals, and—perhaps as to be expected—an ace bassline. While the full E.M.I.L.Y. EP is not out yet, the original title track and Baio's remix are currently availible as a package over on Orthy's Bandcamp.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player