Orthy "E.M.I.L.Y (Baio Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Orthy, an Austin-based crafter of sprightly electro-pop, is in the midst of prepping the E.M.I.L.Y. EP (artwork above) for release early next year, but has decided to share Baio's remix of the record's title track as a bit of an early treat. The NYC producer (and, yes, bass player for indie outfit Vampire Weekend) spins Orthy's tune into some tropical-disco-type fare, filling it to the brim with percussive hits, warm organ chords, playfully glitched vocals, and—perhaps as to be expected—an ace bassline. While the full E.M.I.L.Y. EP is not out yet, the original title track and Baio's remix are currently availible as a package over on Orthy's Bandcamp.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player