Justin Velor "Flameout (Psychemagik Remix)"
Justin Velor—the alter-ego of Dom Thomas, the head of Manchester-based label Brutal—emerged earlier this year as a project keen on exploring spacestation disco with loads upon loads of percussive elements and spiralling synth work to match. Thomas is in the midst of prepping the debut full-length for his Justin Velor project, which is set to see a release in February of next year under the incredibly appropriate title 2013. But before then, his label has issued a 12" of remixes (artwork above) for three of the LP's tracks, including this rework from fellow UK producer Physchemagik. While it's impossible to compare this version to the original at this point, it seems safe to assume that Psychemagik's remix takes things a bit further into the realm of deep space across its nine-plus-minute runtime.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player