Barnt "Geffen (Philipp Gorbachev Version)"
Just last week, we caught wind of a new compilation series from the pan-Latin purveyors of percussive, synth-laden techno, Cómeme. Appropriately titled One Night in Cómeme, the first volume of the series (artwork above) saw a release yesterday, and so the label has sent along Philipp Gorbachev's rework of Barnt's "Geffen," one of the offering's 11 cuts. Twisting the original's playful synthline and analog-sounding percussion, the Russian producer reshapes the tune—which served as a highlight of Cómeme's catalog this year—into a deeper, more driving cut that still fits the Matias Aguayo-helmed label's sound just right.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player