Barnt "Geffen (Philipp Gorbachev Version)"
Just last week, we caught wind of a new compilation series from the pan-Latin purveyors of percussive, synth-laden techno, Cómeme. Appropriately titled One Night in Cómeme, the first volume of the series (artwork above) saw a release yesterday, and so the label has sent along Philipp Gorbachev's rework of Barnt's "Geffen," one of the offering's 11 cuts. Twisting the original's playful synthline and analog-sounding percussion, the Russian producer reshapes the tune—which served as a highlight of Cómeme's catalog this year—into a deeper, more driving cut that still fits the Matias Aguayo-helmed label's sound just right.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player