This track from the Dublin-born, London-based producer Parker is definitely an odd one. "Glaze" sways between sounds of vintage drum machines, birds, coughing, mumbling chants, and an abrasive synth before getting into any sort of slightly understandable rhythm. The bass soon drops only to quickly leave again, teasing ever so slightly at a proper groove. Most of the time, "Glaze" seems like it's cycling through banks of presets, as if the idea of the song is to evoke the time before its creation, when the producer first sat down to compose. Parker's experimental tune is set to appear early next year as the first release via the Dublin-based Glacial Sound imprint, which will arrive with the b-side "Palace."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player