This track from the Dublin-born, London-based producer Parker is definitely an odd one. "Glaze" sways between sounds of vintage drum machines, birds, coughing, mumbling chants, and an abrasive synth before getting into any sort of slightly understandable rhythm. The bass soon drops only to quickly leave again, teasing ever so slightly at a proper groove. Most of the time, "Glaze" seems like it's cycling through banks of presets, as if the idea of the song is to evoke the time before its creation, when the producer first sat down to compose. Parker's experimental tune is set to appear early next year as the first release via the Dublin-based Glacial Sound imprint, which will arrive with the b-side "Palace."
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player