The Soft "Mori (Kid Smpl Remix)"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Seattle-based producer Joey Butler (a.k.a. Kid Smpl) has been busily spreading knowledge of his productions lately, including tracks that have appeared on XLR8R's monthly list of the Top 20 Downloads in both July and October. Much like his recent video for "Pulse," Kid Smpl's remix of UK trio The Soft again finds the 22-year-old beatsmith dwelling in the canyons of dramatically slow bass frequencies. Named after the famous roboticist who proposed the idea of the uncanny valley, "Mori" leaves behind the bright harmonic singing of the original, trading it for vocal chirps and dark, biting synths. You can watch the video for The Soft's original single, which was recently released via Brooklyn label Ceremony, after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player