Wankelmut & Emma Louise "My Head Is A Jungle (Kasper Bjørke's Liquid Lips Remix)"
Budding Berlin producer Wankelmut is set to get things started early in 2013 with the "My Head Is a Jungle" 12" (artwork above), his debut single for the Get Physical label set to drop on January 18. As a preview, the imprint has offered up this remix from the Danish sonic wizard known simply as Kasper Bjørke, who presents Wankelmut's tune as a smooth, dark-disco affair topped off by the chopped words of Brisbane vocalist Emma Louise. What exactly Bjørke means by "Liquid Lips Remix" is anyone's guess, but with some solid low-end and the alluring groove heard here, the track's title doesn't really seem to matter.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player